We are looking for an experienced Marketing & Events co-ordinator to be managed by our partner Your Marketing Team for up to 30 hours per month. This role will support Caterham BID with marketing initiatives to drive footfall into the town centre, running marketing workshops and co-ordinating events.
About The Caterham BID
The Caterham BID was established in 2017 and incorporates all businesses in Caterham Valley town centre which have a rateable value and are in the area defined on the BID area map.
The BID aims to make the town a better place to shop, visit and work and is funded by businesses in the BID area who pay the equivalent of 2% of their Business Rates in the form of a levy. This levy then funds the projects outlined in the Caterham BID Business Plan which is delivered over a 5 year period.
With their partners, the Caterham BID are working to make improvements to part of Croydon Road as part of a wider Regeneration programme to help make Caterham Valley a safer, more attractive and appealing place to live visit work and enjoy.
The BID supports businesses though a number of initiatives, including Community Events to drive footfall into the town centre, Marketing Workshops and networking events. Alongside social media features and engagement with BID businesses to increase awareness of individual businesses and events locally.
A portion of the levy raised is allocated to Marketing Communications. The Marketing function is led by Your Marketing Team, who manage and support the Caterham BID Marketing & Events Coordinator.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator will be Your Marketing Team’s ‘ears & eyes’ in town, and act as the main point of contact for all marketing activities. As such, a weekly visit to Caterham Valley to touch base with business owners and gather content for social media is a requirement of the role.
BID Business liaison
- Point of contact for BID Businesses in Caterham Valley
- Bi-weekly visit to town centre
- Support communications sent via email e.g. reminders to respond to Surveys
- Management of business directory
Social Media – Facebook & Instagram
- Develop monthly social media plan
- Gather content, including photographs and video to support social media plan
- Create content to include mixed media e.g. Stories, Reels
- Manage blog programme to highlight local businesses. Write copy & gather images. 1 per month
- Schedule posts on Meta Suite
- Engage with relevant businesses as required
- Manage event calendar including Easter, Halloween and Christmas Community events, BID AGM and Marketing Workshops
- Contribute ideas to event planning
- Source and manage suppliers
- Source catering as required
- Manage event on-site (with support of Your Marketing Team where required) This is likely to include a Saturday for community events (on average 3x community events per year).
- Post event follow up e.g. data capture, testimonials
- Weekly planning meeting via Microsoft Teams with Your Marketing Team Lead Consultant
- Support Your Marketing Team with planning
- Maintain and submit timesheets to agreed monthly hours at month end (using QuickBooks. Login will be provided by Your Marketing Team)
- Submit pre-agreed expenses at month end
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate the role will have a good local knowledge of Caterham Valley. They will need an understanding of social media platforms and will be tech-savvy with great ideas to help make our marketing campaigns a success. They will need to have good organisation and administrative skills and may already be set up as a freelance virtual assistant or marketing executive.
What we are offering
- A friendly team with on-the-job support.
- Flexible working hours –home-based with monthly visits to the Reigate office.
- Competitive hourly rate.
For more information or to apply for this role, please submit your CV with covering email detailing why you are a good fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23rd February.
Interviews will be held in Caterham Valley on Thursday, 29th February.
We can only accept candidates who are already based in and have the right to work in the UK.